Three years removed from his fourth studio LP Love in the Future, John Legend has shed a bit of light on what’s to come from the follow-up.
During a short Q&A session with fans on Facebook Live Thursday night (October 6), the crooner revealed that his forthcoming disc is titled Darkness & Light. As for a release date, he simply replied that the effort would be “coming soon.”
Perhaps more impressive is Legend’s list of collaborators on the record, with the singer-songwriter revealing that Chance the Rapper, Kamasi Washington, Miguel, Brittany Howard of Alabama Shakes and Blake Mills will all make appearances.
“The music is really, really, good,” Legend said. “I think it’s my best work yet.”
Legend has also shared a taste of what’s to come with a lyric video for new single “Love Me Now,” an urgent cut that makes subtle use of the dancehall flavour that has dominated pop music this year.
While we await further details on Darkness & Light, you can watch Legend’s Facebook Live session and the lyric video for “Love Me Now” in the players below.
Thanks to Billboard for the tip.
- John Legend Announces Darkness & Light Album Featuring Chance The Rapper, Kamasi Washington, Miguel, & Brittany Howard
- John Legend Enlists Chance the Rapper, Miguel, Alabama Shakes’ Brittany Howard for New Album
- John Legend Enlists Chance the Rapper, Brittany Howard for New Album 'Darkness & Light', Performs 'Love Me Now': Watch
- John Legend Shares "Love Me Now" Off Upcoming Album 'Darkness and Light'
- New Music: John Legend – ‘Love Me Now’