A documentary chronicling the lives of Destiny’s Child and Beyoncé , A Child of Destiny, has finally been completed, and reveals key moments in their journeys to international stardom.
Aiding the girls in becoming successful recording artists were their three managers, Matthew Knowles (Beyoncé ‘s father), Brian Kenny Moore and Andretta Tillman. Though Beyonce’s father’s influence is well-known, business partners Moore and Tillman made huge impacts on the girls since they were preteens. According to Beyoncé biographer J. Randy Taraborrelli, Moore pushed the others to pursue Beyoncé as the front woman of the group.
It was Tillman’s ambitious vision, however, that took Girls Tyme to the next level, Destiny’s Child. Her achievements included record deals, industry coaching and life advice for teenage girls trying to make it big. Tillman also got the girls signed to Elektra and Columbia/Sony Records.
Couple with her job as manager, Tillman also raised two children alone once her husband died from his battle with Lupus. After her untimely death in 1997, Destiny’s Child credited Tillman during their acceptance speech for their first-ever award at the 1998 Soul Train Awards. Her story inspired Moore to write a book, The Making of a Child of Destiny: The Andretta Tillman Story, which set the blueprint of the new documentary.
A Child of
- Kelly Rowland Talks Destiny’s Child Reunion, Beyoncé Album, & New Music
- See Fifth Harmony Bring Back 2000s in Destiny's Child Medley
- ICYMI: Kelly Rowland Admits To Missing Destiny’s Child and Wanting More Dark-Skinned Role Models
- Former Destiny's Child Member Was Arrested for Public Intoxication
- Former Destiny Child's Member Farrah Franklin Arrested For Public Intoxication