Ahmir Thompson is the leader of The Roots, a fixture on “The Tonight Show,” and now he even has his own show on Pandora, “Questlove Supreme.” Even with all of that though, there’s still plenty to learn about the Renaissance Man behind the iconic drum kit.
Looking back on the 45-year-old’s life, there’s so much to uncover, including tidbits about his childhood, family, and career. Here are 10 things you may not know about Questo.
1. His Father Was a Singer: Questlove isn’t the only musician in his family. Just look at his dad, Lee Andrews. “I grew up with an oldies doo-wop lead singer of a father,” he told “Today” in July. Thompson called Andrews his “greatest teacher” upon his death in March. “I understand why you were so hard on me,” he wrote in a touching tribute. “Praying I didn’t succumb to a fate not meant for a teenager in West Philly in the mid-’80s.”
2. His Mother Was Also an Entertainer: Questlove’s mom Jackeline Thompson was a model and dancer, according to his memoir Mo Meta Blues: The World According to Questlove. She was also part of his father’s band. “We were a family act,” he shared
- 10 Facts You Might Not Know About Questlove
- Lee Andrews, Questlove's Dad and Lee Andrews & the Hearts Singer, Has Died
- Questlove: “I patterned everything in my life after Prince.”
- Questlove Describes Prince’s Influence Over Him & Delves Deeper Into His Musical Genius
- Questlove To Host "Questlove Supreme" Show On Pandora